Position: Artist and Industry Development
Start Date: June 2022
Remuneration: $ 40,000
Time commitment: 4 day work week / 32 hr week
Location: New Brunswick. No specific location. Potential of working remotely.
Music•Musique NB (MNB) is the provincial music industry association for the province of New Brunswick and is currently looking to add a full time staff member to its team. We are looking for an individual who is committed to help foster and develop the New Brunswick music industry through education and training, market development and reaching out to equity-seeking members of our industry.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
ARTIST AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and coordinate MNB’s annual artist and industry professional development program;
- Coordinate a 3-day professional development bootcamp for emerging and developing artists;
- Conference (506), a 2-day professional development, showcasing and networking event
- Monthly online information sessions (Savvy Sessions) on music industry basics;
- Develop partnerships for educational initiatives specifically for equity-seeking communities;
- Develop training and education based partnerships with other provincial and national cultural organizations;
EXPORT NB PROGRAM
- Identify and engage with exporting artists from N.B. and their teams. Identify needs and opportunities;
- Identify and communicate export opportunities;
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date list and relationship with regional, national and international industry delegates and buyers;
- Develop strategic partnerships with national and international showcasing events;
- Coordinate sponsored export showcases;
- A good understanding of the music industry in general;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and French;
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Schedule will sometimes require some evenings and weekends during events;
- Strong computer, spreadsheet, and data management skills;
- Proficient with online management tools such as Google Workspace and similar platforms;
- Can work within an established project budget;
- Must be able to work remotely;
- Must be a resident of New Brunswick.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status.
Interested parties can apply through this link by May 19th, 2022. Please apply with a CV/resume and short cover letter outlining your intentions and relevant work experience. Applications will be received and assessed in strict confidence.
Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview. Questions should be directed to email@example.com. Do not contact via social media.
Music-Musique NB is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equity and equality in employment.